Anhydrous Milk Fat (AMF) or (Butteroil) could be made either from cream or from butter.
Manufacture of AMF from cream
The cream of 35 –40% fat content enters the plate heat exchanger for temperature adjustment to the centrifuge for pre-concentration of the fat to about 75%. The “light” phase is collected in a buffer tank to await further processing while the “heavy“ phase-buttermilk, passed through a separator for recovery of fat which will then be mixed with incoming cream. The skim milk goes back to the plate heat exchanger for heat recovery and goes into a storage tank. The cream concentrate in tank is fed to a homogeniser for phase inversion, after which it is passed through the final concentrator.
Finally the oil, consisting of some 99.5% fat, is pre-heated to 95 – 98oC in a plate heat exchanger and routed into a vacuum chamber to obtain a moisture content not exceeding 0.1 %, after which the oil is cooled to 35 – 40oC, the typical packing temperature.
Manufacture of AMF from butter
AMF is often produced from butter, non-salted butter is normally used as the raw material, but salted butter may also be used.
The butter is melted by indirect heating. Before the final concentration starts, the temperature of the melted butter should have reached 60oC. After melting and heating the hot product is pumped to a holding tank where it may be held for a certain period of time, 20 – 30 min, primarily to ensure complete melting but also for protein to aggregate.
From the holding tank the product is pumped to the final concentrator, after which the light phase, containing 99.5% fat, proceeds to a plate heat exchanger for heating to 90 – 95oC, thence to a vacuum vessel ,and finally back to the plate heat exchanger for cooling to the packing temperature of 35 – 40oC.
* Opportunity to realize products with customized recipes.
* Opportunity to produce more than one product with the same processing line.
* High quality of the final product keeping an elevated nutritional value.
* Wide customization of the final product.
* Maximum yield, minimum production waste.
* Highest energy savings thanks to the most advanced technologies.
* Complete line supervision system through monitoring of every process phase.
* Recording, visualization and printing of all daily production data.
- Food Equipment
- Robotic Pack System
- Intelligent Industry
- Fermentation Extraction Equipment